EVENT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE

Whilst working for Trailblazers Sponsored Challenges I gained a great deal of experience in event management. Below you will find a small example of the responsibilities that I have in running completely bespoke, complex events.

Creation of bespoke sponsored events for charity

Each charity has massive variants in their marketing mix. Ranging from completely different objectives, supporter demographics, communication routes, management systems, geographical project areas etc etc. Only by fully understanding each element of the mix could we source suitable sponsored events and tailor them to the charities needs.

Complete management and administration of sponsored events

The role included creating the event, liasing with relevant parties, ensure smooth management, arranging and implement administration plans, creating tailored event promotional materials and running many sub-events to maximise the success of the main event. I also had responsibility of most of the logistical organisation of main and sub events.

Designing, administering and running participant training and workshop presentations

I’ve designed, administered and run dozens of training days and workshop presentations. All designed to provide participants with an interactive learning experience to maximise their enjoyment and ability to raise benefit to the charity.

Adventure challenge co-ordination

I have been responsible for the dynamic co-ordination of challenge events. Most memorably I took a 22 strong team on an adventure weekend to summit Ben Nevis. A disorganised hotel, poorly equipped participants and terrible weather utilised all my skills. The event was a complete success!